Simple bridal shower ideas, elaborate bridal shower themes
Little dabs of romance can create the sweetest of bridal showers, especially when hosted at historic hotels. From simple bridal shower ideas to elaborate bridal shower themes, start the couple off with romantic gifts and newlywed essentials.
Woodland bridal shower themes
Create a magical, woodland bridal shower, nestled on the property of the French Lick Resort, resting on 2,600 breathless acres of the Hoosier National Forest.
- Bridal shower ideas: Create a whimsical picnic with soft blankets and pretty pillows, or dress up the outdoors with indoor vintage touches, like antique furniture. For romantic flair, string photos of the bride from tree to tree, using dainty clothes pins clipped to twine. For a hint of magic, sprinkle the forest with white lights and have the bride-to-be wear a floral wreath.
- About French Lick Resort: Located in Indiana, this resort features two stunning hotels – the French Lick Springs Hotel, an epic beauty with nearly 170 years of history, and the West Baden Springs Hotel, an architectural wonder with its exquisite free-span dome.
Chocolate bridal shower themes
There are only three things in life that matter – good friends, good chocolate and … oh dear, what was that other one? Well, we’re not sure, but it doesn’t matter as long as you lay on the chocolate extra thick at the bridal shower. The perfect setting for a chocolate-induced celebration? The Hotel Hershey® in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Bridal shower ideas: When it comes to a chocolate-themed bridal shower, you can never go overboard on the chocolate treats like chocolate mouse, chocolate shakes, chocolate truffles, chocolate fountains, chocolate martinis and of course, a hot chocolate bar.
- About The Hotel Hershey®: Chocolate magnate Milton S. Hershey built the 1930s hotel, dubbed “The Sweetest Place on Earth.” And if we didn’t give you enough chocolate suggestions for the bridal shower, consider hosting the party at The Spa at The Hotel Hershey®, affectionately known as "The Chocolate Spa" because of its decadent-inspired treatments, like the Whipped Cocoa Bath, Chocolate Bean Polish and Cocoa Facial Experience.
Pancake bar (and brunch) bridal shower themes
Known by many brides as “The Castle in the Sky,” 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa provides an idyllic setting to host a bridal shower brunch, but if you want to treat the party to a more intimate experience, consider booking the resort’s five-bedroom Manor House, where brunch can become an all-morning affair.
- Bridal shower ideas: Set up a pancake bar with all the fixings, including a wide variety of rich syrups and fresh berries. Throw some waffles into the mix as well. Mason jars and tea jugs give your brunch a vintage feel.
- About 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa: One of the most photographed wedding venues with its enviable views of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, this hotel is considered “The Wedding Capitol of the South.” However, it’s the resort’s intimate cottages that set it apart as an overnight girls-only bridal shower retreat. Our favorite “cottage,” the Manor House, features a spacious kitchen, dining room, family room, Sunset Suite and Castle Studio, along with gracious verandas. Famous dancer Irene Castle and author Marge Lyons once lived here.
Bowling bridal shower themes
Break away from typical bridal shower games and strike up some fun with a bowling-themed bridal shower. Breaking away from the norm, this kind of party can come off retro chic thanks to Hotel Blackhawk’s swanky bowling lanes in Davenport, Iowa. Comfortable lounge furniture and an impressive martini list make for a spirited shower.
- Bridal shower ideas: A particularly good theme for athletic brides or a co-ed shower, this bridal shower idea can come off classic if black, white and gold are incorporated into the color scheme. Red will give it a more retro feel. Martinis are the signature drink at the Blackhawk Bowl & Martini Lounge.
- About Hotel Blackhawk: Combining elements of Italian Renaissance and Art Deco styles, this 1915 hotel is a commanding presence in downtown Davenport with its historic décor and modern touches.
Tea party bridal shower themes
A wedding is brewing, so what’s more fitting than a tea party bridal shower theme? At Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C., the hotel’s stately elegance, flowering gardens and spouting fountains create an ethereal setting for a tea party.
- Bridal shower ideas: Break out the vintage china – and don’t worry if it doesn’t match. The more eclectic the selection, the more whimsical the bridal shower will appear. Pinks and peaches, paired with Tiffany blues, are the quintessential colors of a vintage-themed bridal shower. Delicate finger pastries are a must, while antique furniture, pocket watches and oversized flowers will give it a wonderland feel.
- About Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington DC: The stately elegance of the Omni Shoreham Hotel has made it a favorite destination of presidents, dignitaries and travelers since the 1930s. From entertainment firsts to inaugural balls, this is the place to be seen in Washington, D.C. (and the place to see thanks to its gracious views of Rock Creek Park).